Monday, December 10, 2012
FORBIDDEN RICE CAKE ( BLACK GLUTINOUS RICE)
Black rice (also known as purple rice or forbidden rice) is a kind of sticky rice which is one of several black colored heirloom plants producingrice variants such as Indonesian black rice and Thai jasmine black rice. (source from wikipedia)
Although black rice is hard to find in Malaysia, it doesn't lose my spirit to try to make this cake and incidentally also want to try that in the type of steamed cake. The distinctive fragrance of black rice is tempting me to immediately cut of freshly steam cake.
FORBIDDEN RICE CAKE
Source : NCC
200 gr castor sugar
1 tsp cake emulsifier
350 gr black rice ( black glutinous rice)
1/4 tsp salt
150 ml cooking oil
200 ml coconut milk
1. Heat up the steamer with low to medium fire, do not use high fire, it will make your cake broke or expands quickly but when it is cold the cake will immediately shrink.
2. Beat into the mixer eggs, salt, castor sugar, and cake emulsifier until thick, white color and fluffy.
3. Gradually pour in the black rice which has been shifted before use.
4. Pour in the cooking oil and coconut milk alternately, mixed well
5. Grease the pan with margarine, sprinkle with flour, then pour the batter into the pan. Steam until cooked,it takes about 40 minutes. Leave it outside until cool. Put inside the airtight container for storing. I used the pan with 9" diameter.