This BF actually the 1st one i made in terms of decoration and recipe.
Special request from my best friend Yanti for his lovely husband. With really classic recipe black forest.
So many black forest recipe out there but yanti's husband only like the classic one.
do you know that the classic one? here's the recipe that i made for this BF.
source :: Joy of Cooking::
The sponge cake :
150 gr castor sugar
1/2 tbsp cake emulsifier
125 gr cake flour
25 gr cocoa powder
1/2 tsp vanilla powder
75 gr melted margarine/butter
1 tsp chocolate emulco
How to :
1. shifted flour and cocoa powder together, put aside
2. Beat eggs, sugar and cake emulsifier till thick and fluffy (soft peak)
3. Pour the flour and cocoa, mixed well
4. pour the melted margarine/butter, mixed well
5. Put the batter in the 20cm round pan, which already grease and cover with baking paper.
6. bake for 30 minutes -180'c or untill cooked.
7. After the cake cool divided by 3 layers and ready to put the filling.
Simple syrup :
100 gr sugar
100 ml water
5tbsp rhum/krisch ( skipped)
---> mix water and sugar cooked untill boil leave it cool and add in the rhum/krisch
1 tin darkcherry, drained get the syrup from the darkcherry
25 ml water
2 tbsp corn flour mix well with little bit of water
----> boiled the water and syrup from the darkcherry pour in the corn flour, stir and cooked well, leave it cool
125 gr dark cooking chocolate
500 ml whipped cream or butter cream
Arranging the Cake
1. Get one layer cake, wet it with simple syrup then spread the filling, put the dark cherry
2. cover again with one layer do the same thing, till finish.
3. Beat the whipped cream till peak, cover the cake with the whipped cream, and decorate with dark cooking chocolate.
4. Put the red cherry as a garnish decoration
5. ready to serve...