THis BF Roll ordered by Desy for her 10th wedding anniversary. Thanks bunda for the order.
The cake was very soft, with the dark cherry filling and fully chocolate taste.
Black Forest Roll
recipe by Ricke "Bunda Nadhifa"
125 gram castor sugar
1 tbsp emulsifier
direction : mixed all the ingredients until soft peak
50 gr all purpose flour
10 gr corn flour
40 gr cocoa/chocolate powder
20 gr milk powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
direction : shifted all the dry ingredients, put aside.
100 gr Margarine
30 gr butter
1 tsp paste black forest
2 tbsp water
strawberry/blueberry jam as need it.
whipped cream for covering the cake
shredded dark cooking chocolate for garnish
red cherry for garnish
Baking pan :
2 pcs 24x24x4 cm
1 pcs 32x32x4 cm
1. grease the pan, and cover with baking paper, put a side
2. heat up the oven for 190'c
3. Mixed the Ingredients A until soft peak (firm), put in ingredients B mixed well or mixed with the lowest speed, and then put in the ingredients C one by one, until really mixed well.
4. pour the batter into the baking pan, bake for 20-25 minutes, make sure the surface of the cake is dry but still soft. If the surface of the cake to dry will cracked when you roll it.
1. Prepare a kitchen towel which cover with baking paper the size should be bigger than the cake size.
2. Put upside down the cake which came from the oven to the baking paper, start to roll it up, each roll push with spatula to set it up. If finish to roll up the cake leave it until the cake is cool.
3. open the roll gently, spread the jam and darck cherry slices inside, and roll it up neatly. Let it for a few minutes to set it, or you can put in the fridge to set the cake.
4. ANytime ready you can open the baking paper and start to icing the cake, cover the cake with whipped cream or buttercream, cover evenly and pour the shredded dark cooking chocolate, put the red cherry for the final.
5. ready to serve.